When was the last time you accessed your account management portal from a smartphone, the way a majority of customers might? If it wasn’t mobile friendly or was slow to load, then your “customer service portal” is more of a “customer frustration portal.” Not having an accessible, optimized customer gateway could be cutting into your online sales and slowing down cash flow. A poorly designed portal could also be damaging your reputation, your referrals, and your customer retention rates.
Here’s what you need to know about mobile use, by the numbers:
- Over 40 percent of online transactions are now done on mobile devices.1
- 20 percent of American adults are “smartphone only” internet users, meaning they have no traditional home broadband service.2
- 69 percent of smartphone users are more likely to buy from companies with mobile sites that easily address their questions or concerns.3
- 51 percent of smartphone users have purchased from a company/brand other than the one they intended to because the information provided was useful.4
- People who have a negative brand experience on mobile are 62 percent less likely to purchase from that brand in the future.5
If you don’t have a customer portal, or if the portal is desktop only, any of your customers who fall into those categories could be considering a move to a company that offers the same level of mobile self-service that they receive from their other service providers.
A device responsive online portal offering real-time data from ADD Energy E3® will enhance your company’s presence … and bring you into the 21st Century. Look at all the things you and your customers can do with a complete, mobile-friendly integrated portal:
- Order fuel from anywhere
- Make a payment
- Request delivery
- Check their account balance
- Check their delivery history
- Access their account data
- Enroll in a service contract
- Enroll in a budget plan
- Enroll in a price protection program
- Review and redeem loyalty points
- View account information for multiple locations
- Access invoices and statements
- Become a customer
- And more
Your company can:
- Integrate your lead tracking software with your Energy E3® data
- Empower sales personnel to enter lead data and notes
- Create new accounts when projects are won
- Automatically write back all payments and transactions
- Send account-specific promotions by text or email
- Display account-specific marketing messages
- Alert the customer when payment is past due
- Email/text service reminders
- Customize price protection by customer data
- Connect your price protection and hedging data
- Send automated emails
- Integrate your billing and invoicing
- Offer expanded loyalty rewards –, jewelry, electronics, housewares, etc.
- And more
Smartphone users expect these options to be available at their convenience and at their fingertips. They don’t have the time or patience to pinch/zoom/scroll, and there’s no reason they should need to.
PriMedia develops integrated Smart Connect® powered customer portals for energy marketers, with solutions for companies of all sizes. We offer inVue Account Management, OnPoint® Loyalty Program, PricePoint® Price Protection System, LeadPro Lead Management, TextPoint, MailZoom and more. As a full-service marketing and communications agency for 25 years, PriMedia can assist your company with its web development, customer portals, traditional and digital marketing, and more.
For more information on integrated New Customer Enrollment, Lead Tracking or other SmartConnect integration software, please contact PriMedia at 800-796-3342 or email@example.com, or your ADD Systems sales associate at 1-800-922-0972 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
1, 4, 5 Google, 2017
2 Pew Research 2018
3 Blue Corona, 2018